Different Types of Medicare Advantage Plans
Deciding to get a Medicare Advantage plan is an alternative way to obtaining your Medicare coverage. You’ll receive your Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) benefits from the Medicare Advantage plan, not Original Medicare. Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called “Part C” or “MA Plans,” are offered by private insurance companies approved by Medicare.
Which Plan is Suited for You? Talk to Us.
There are several different types of Medicare Advantage plans available. Omaha Insurance Solutions is happy to discuss each with you and help you select the plan that will suit you:
- Health Maintenance Organization Plan (HMO): You can see the doctors and other health professionals participating in the plan network.
- Preferred Provider Organization Plan (PPO): Covers both in- and out-of-network providers, giving you the freedom to choose any doctor, which can work if you prefer that kind of flexibility. You’ll pay more for out-of-network providers.
- Private Fee-for-Service Plan (PFFS): Similar in how Original Medicare works, you can generally go to any doctor, other health care provider, or hospital as long as they agree to treat you. The plan determines how much it will pay doctors, other healthcare providers, and hospitals, and how much you must pay when you get care.
- Special Needs Plans (SNP): Focused on those with special needs, there are three SNP plans: Medicare beneficiaries living in institutions, those who are dual-eligible for Medicaid and Medicare, and those with chronic conditions. This type of plan always includes prescription drug coverage.
- Health Maintenance Organization-Point of Service Plan (HMO-POS): Covers both in- and out-of-network health services, but at different rates. You pay less out of pocket when you go to in-network doctors, labs, hospitals, and other healthcare providers.
- Medical Savings Account Plan (MSA): Includes both a high deductible and a bank account to help you pay that deductible. The amount deposited into the account varies from one plan to the next. The money is tax-free as long as it’s used for IRS-qualified medical expenses, which include the health plan’s deductible.
Everyone Is Unique.
The right Medicare plan is the one with which you’re most comfortable. We’ll help you make this important choice by reviewing all the details of each plan with you. To speak with a licensed independent agent, give us a call at Omaha Insurance Solutions at 402-614-3389 TTY 711.